Thursday 19 January 2012

Editing notes

I am currently spending a lot of time walking and listening, and editing and listening.

This is what I can see when I am editing:



...and today, this is what I can hear:

Sonic Wallpaper Sample #1 by FelicityVFord

The words and thoughts of the interviewee make me think of the sounds of:

small rooms
creaky chairs
harp-strings
the sound of a tissue-box guitar, made with rubber bands
looms clacking

...all organised into a repetitive, minimalist composition. Lots of little sounds, repeated over and over, in a calming yet quite busy sequence. What sounds does this interviewee put into your head?

And which of the papers below do you think this small soundbyte relates to? Leave a comment to share your thoughts.







Wallpapers, shortlisted for Sonic Wallpaper interviews. Wallpaper © Museum of Domestic Design & Architecture, Middlesex University – photographed by Felicity Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment